A canopy creates a dry and shaded area which can be used for many things, from a relaxing place to eat or drink in a restaurant or park to a sheltered outdoor learning area allowing children to be taught in a more informal classroom without the worry of what the weather is doing.
For Early Years and Primary school settings, creating an environment this is colourful and stimulating is key to making an area children will enjoying learning in.
Here are our top tips to creating an inspiring outdoor learning area under your canopy:
1. Bring the classroom outside – with the cover from a canopy you can bring furniture outside for the day and simply teach your normal lessons outside, giving children a new environment to learn in and a breath of fresh air.
2. Incorporate Fun seating – add some picnic tables, benches to encourage children outside on their break times. Fun seating choices such as mushroom or flower seat are also great for creating a inspiring seating area under you canopy- or anywhere else in your outdoor area. These can be used to create an imaginative storytelling corner.
3. Use nature – try to find free resources from nature, such as twigs, leaves and pine cones – these can be used in art lessons or children can use their imagination to make these items become anything they want them to be!
4. Make it colourful – an easy way to ensure your outdoor area has some colour all year round is to add some bunting or banners to your canopy. Our Rainbow package includes a colour bunting banner with a choice of colour schemes, post coloured to any RAL colour you wish and also a set of colourful post pads which are available in a range of colours to match your colour scheme.
Here are a few examples of our Rainbow Package:
This package can be ordered with your canopy order or a banner and post pads can be retrofitted at any time after your canopy has been installed.
Find out more about our canopies and the Rainbow Package in our brochure – download you copy today by clicking the image below.
Able Canopies Ltd. design, manufacture and install canopies and shade structures
at schools, nurseries and educational settings to enable year-round
Free Flow Outdoor Play and Outdoor Learning.
For more information please contact us
Latest posts by Rachel (see all)
- New Cycle Compound Puts an End to Bike Thefts - 02/10/2014
- Big is Beautiful! – A closer look at our Big Span Canopies - 11/09/2014
- Uses for a canopy – No 1. Sandpit Cover - 13/08/2014