The Pembroke Cycle Shelter is a sustainable timber bike shelter that has been designed by a specialist in the timber industry. Timber bicycle shelters are increasingly popular and look fantastic in both natural and urban environments and the Pembroke is no exception.
Covered with a choice of 5mm solid or 16mm structured polycarbonate roof panels and supported by a robust Glulam curved timber frame, it’s easy to see that this product is a favourite with architects and contractors.
The polycarbonate roof options offer strong roof coverings which are resistant against vandalism and shattering. The Glulam timber frame (which stands for glue laminated timber) is sustainably sourced from PEFC accredited timber merchants and undergoes a pressure treated called micronising to protect the timber against insect, fungi and the elements.
A standard shelter measures 4.7m (L) x 3.1m (D) and can store up to 16 bicycles with the use of double sided parking on the 8 cycle racks supplied. Benches can also be added to create a sustainable timber waiting shelter.
If you have any questions, or to find out if you qualify for a Free Site Survey Contact Us Today
- Size - A standard shelter measures 4.7m (L) x 3.1m (D) x 2.6m (H) and securely stores up to 16 bicycles
- Stylish & Versatile Design – The cost effective, stylish & versatile design is very popular and fits in seamlessly with natural woody environments as well as contemporary & urban settings
- Sustainable Structure – The Pembroke has been specially designed by a timber expert and is sustainably sourced from PEFC timber merchants
- Strong, Modern Frame – The main frame is constructed from curved Glulam timber members which measure 100mm wide and 120mm
- Treated Timber – The timber undergoes a revolutionary process called Micronising which minimises weathering of the timber
- Roof Panels – The robust roof panels are available in a choice of 5mm solid or 16mm structured and can be supplied in clear or opal finishes.
- Fire Resistance – The Glulam timber frame is fire resistant to BS 5268 and the polycarbonate roof panels are fire resistant to BS 476: Part 7 Class 1Y
- UV Protection – The polycarbonate roof panels offer high protection from the Sun’s harmful UV rays which also minimises the risk of the bikes paintwork fading
- Base Plate Fixing – The shelter is fixed to the ground using base plates
- Seating Available – Benches can be installed under the shelter instead of cycle hoops to create a timber waiting shelter or a multi-use cycle & waiting shelter in one
The Pembroke timber cycle shelter's frame is finished in a natural wood colour and undergoes micronising– a pressure treatment which addes copper to the timber cells to protect the timber. This revolutionary treatment gives the timber a much lighter finish compared to other copper based treated products to produce a lighter, fresher and more natural looking timber finish.
The polycarbonate roof sheets are supplied in a choice of clear or opal for a choice of all-round visibility or to hide the contents of the shelter.