A Team of Specialists with Nationwide Coverage
We specialise in providing high-quality, commercial canopies, awnings, covered walkways, shelters and shade sails to commercial settings including the education, healthcare, retail, leisure and hospitality sectors.
High quality canopies for schools, nurseries, colleges & universities backed by a top-class service. By transforming your outside space with hard wearing canopies for schools, you can enhance your campus with outside learning and dining areas, efficient shelter between classrooms and more.
Able Canopies have been working successfully with building service and construction professionals for over 18 years. The many long standing and positive relationships we have developed are the result of us delivering our projects for you on time, on budget and with no disruption.
Retail, Leisure and Hospitality
We have many years of successfully helping retail, leisure & hospitality with weather protection solutions for their sites. By transforming outside space in this way, we can help you enhance business with stylish outside dining areas and efficient shelter.
We supply and install high quality shade and shelter structures for hospitals, doctor surgeries, dental practices, care homes, hospices, and veterinary practices, all backed by a first-class service. Adding canopies to your outside space will provide your visitors with a dry, and comfortable outside area.
We have an extensive range of canopies and shelters with various options within them that suit most requirements – large projection required? No problem. Suitable for solar panels? We can do that. Sustainable wood frame? We’ve got that covered. We can work with you to create a bespoke structure.
Virtual and On-Site Surveys
To ensure the safety of our staff and customers, we are able to offer you a choice of a virtual survey (online only) or a full site survey in person. If you’d like to opt for a virtual survey, we can discuss your canopy needs over the phone and will ask you to send us photographs of the area with measurements. We will then be able to send you an estimate via email. To use this service, please call us or send an email: Contact Able Canopies.
You can find out how a virtual suvery works here: Virtual Canopy Survey
Able Canopies offer the complete canopy and project service. Our dynamic range of durable and stylish canopies is supported by our expertise in project management and professional completion of your installation with electrical, ground, security and decorating services.
- We have extensive canopy installations across the UK for schools, universities, retail outlets, hospitality customers and the healthcare sector
- Our outdoor projects service includes the addition of lighting, heating and secure roller shutters to canopies, plus the addition of surfaces such as soft play and boundary fencing
- Our range of canopies for schools feature wall mounted canopies, free standing canopies and shade sails
- We have a dedicated service for architects and contractors which gives access to drawings and specifications and provides consultation on unique designs and installations
- Read what our customers say about their experience of dealing with us here: canopy testimonials
We hold all the major quality and safety certifications including ISO, OHAS, UKCA/CE Marking, Acclaim & Construction Line Gold.
Able Canopies specialise in providing quality commercial canopies, solar carports & canopies, canopy awnings, walkways, shelters and shade systems designed to help you to use your outdoor space more effectively.
Each canopy is professionally installed and uses our tried and tested project management skills and service to ensure any installation is expertly finished with the necessary floor materials, security options and landscaping.
We have installed thousands of canopies and shelters at schools, nurseries and local authorities throughout the UK, as well as the sporting, leisure, hospitality, retail, health and care sectors.
We have uploaded a new video to YouTube, click here to watch it: Able Canopies Introduction
All our products are designed to create versatile and usable canopies and shelters which complement your environment perfectly. Our products make ideal playground shelters, outdoor classrooms, entrance canopies, alfresco dining areas and covered seating areas.
We’re proud to be known throughout the industry as “The Canopy Experts”. In addition to providing the finest canopy systems in the UK we also offer a free no-obligation site survey carried out by our expert surveyors, to ensure you receive the ideal canopy or shelter solution.
We provide the widest range of canopy products in the UK, from awnings to Solar Carports & Canopies and everything in between. To find out about our entire product range click the links in the menu above.
How to buy one of our products
So you’ve arrived at our website, which is great! Maybe you’ve had a look around at some of our products and decided which one you’d like. Maybe you can’t decide?! Give us a call, or drop us an email, and chat to our friendly team and we’ll help you through the whole process.
Here’s a quick overview of what will happen when you pick up the phone or send us an email.
1. Contact us and tell us what type of product you are interested in. If you’re not sure, don’t worry! Our friendly sales team will go through different options with you explaining their different features and benefits to see which is right for you. We’ll also ask you whether you think you will need a planning application- find out more about our Planning Help here
2. Book a survey – Our sales team will also check where you are in the country and whether your requirements are something we think we can help with and then it’s time for us to get out there and meet you face to face! We will organise for one of our Surveyors to visit you at a time convenient to you and complete your free site survey.
3. The Survey – Our Surveyor will chat with you about your requirements, whether you had a product in mind and what they recommend for you. They will also go through your Quotation Pack which contains lots of background information on Able Canopies. They will take careful measurements of the area and all this information will be sent off to our pricing team for them to create your free quotation/s.
4. Design – If you require a bespoke design, our Design and Build team will then work to create your unique vision, once you are happy with the design we will price this up for you.
5. Over to you – Once we have put your quotation together we will send this over to you via email and also post a copy if you would like a paper version – you can then add this to your Quotation Pack to keep all your canopy information in one place. We will then contact you a few days later to make sure you received your quote and to check whether you have any questions. Once you have reviewed your quotation let us know your thoughts and any changes required – we are happy to amend quotations to better suit your requirements if needed.
6. Ordering – When you have decided you want to place an order – let us know, we shall then send out your order form and you will be assigned your dedicated Project manager to oversee you installation. If you require planning, our Planning team will also contact you to guide you through this process- at no extra charge to you.
7. Installing your product – Your Project manager will work with you to find the best time for your installation. If you are a school and want a holiday booking, let us know as soon as possible so we can reserve a place for you. But don’t worry as we also have extensive experience of installing during term time and will discuss any health and safety concerns with you beforehand, so term time installations are always a great option too.
8. Aftercare – Once installed, our fitters will check you are happy with the finished product and ask you to complete our Project Completion Form, so we can collect all your feedback and ensure we continue to develop our service to meet your needs. We will then send out your After Sales pack which will include your guarantee, if applicable, your maintenance schedule which advises on how to care for your canopy product and your £250 voucher of your next canopy.
9. Enjoy your new shade and shelter product!
Canopy accessories from the canopy experts - please see our available canopy accessories below.
Our Commercial Awnings offer an attractive way to create temporary shade to external settings offering a great way to provide shade when needed and you can also retract the awning when shade is not required to enjoy the open sky instead.
Our canopies are suitable for a wide range of uses including covered free-flow play areas, playground shelters, waiting areas, covered walkways, outside dining areas and sheltered locker areas. They are ideal for protecting customers, employees, or pupils from the sun and rain, transforming previously unused areas into comfortable and welcoming areas that can be utlised all year round, whatever the weather.
We supply high quality, commercial umbrellas to schools, restaurants, bars and retail settings. They provide effective cover from the weather for outside dining, outdoor play, waiting areas, picnic areas and outside selling areas for shops.
You can create your own outside dining package for your hotel, restaurant or bar, allowing you to choose the products that suit your alfresco dining needs.
If you are looking to renovate your school or commercial outdoor area, we can take care of the project for you from start to finish depending on your product requirements.
Our commercial Shade Sails are extremely durable structures that offer high UV protection, making them perfect for use in playgrounds and recreation areas.