Don’t Forget to Claim Gift Aid for Your PTA or Charity Group

Don’t Forget to Claim Gift Aid for Your PTA or Charity Group

money smallIn case you wasn’t aware already, Gift Aid is a tax relief that allows you (as a UK registered charity) to reclaim the basic rate of Income Tax a donor has paid on their donation, as long as they are a UK taxpayer. For each £1 received in donations, you will receive an extra 25p.

All you need to do to start benefiting from Gift Aid is register your PTA or charity with HMRC and ask your supporters to confirm that they are UK taxpayers at the time of donating and ask them to complete and sign a Gift Aid declaration form.

Donors cannot receive gift or services in return for their Gift Aid contribution but it will also not cost them any extra when opting to include Gif Aid. For example, if you are selling tickets for a disco, you cannot claim Gift Aid as the buyer will be receiving something in return – admittance to the disco, but if they make a donation on top of the ticket price, they can declare Gift Aid on top of that donation.

You can visit the HMRC website for details and guidance about registering to start receiving Gift Aid and for help completing an online Gift Aid claim. You can also download a Gift Aid Schedule Spreadsheet to make it easy when submitting claims for Gift Aid.

Download our free Funding Guide to find out if you are eligible for various grants that are currently open for applications:

Download Our Free Funding Guide Now

Able Canopies Ltd. design, manufacture and install canopies and shade structures
at schools, nurseries and educational settings to enable year-round
Free Flow Outdoor Play and Outdoor Learning.
For more information please contact us

Follow us on our social media accounts for the latest funding advice, new products & latest news:
 | Facebook | Google + | Linked In